From "Gluten-Free, Hassle-Free" by Marlisa Brown
There is no need for you to pass on the pumpkin pie on Thanksgiving—everyone will love this recipe.
9-inch Gluten-Free Pie Crust
1 2/3 cup gluten-free all-purpose flour blend (such as Pamelas or Bobs Red Mills)
2 Tb sugar
½ tsp salt
½ tsp baking powder
1 tsp xanthan gum
½ cup butter
1. Combine gluten-free flour blend, sugar, salt, baking powder, and xanthan gum.
2. Work butter into the dry mixture with a fork or a food processor until the mixture resembles small crumbs.
3. Add eggs, and work mixture until it holds together as a ball.
4. Wrap in plastic wrap and place in freezer for about 20 minutes.
5. Remove dough from freezer and place on parchment paper that has been dusted lightly with gluten-free flour; press dough down into a circle.
6. Sprinkle top of dough with gluten-free flour blend and carefully rollout into a large disk that will fit into a pie pan.
7. Flip dough into pie pan and press into any cracks to make sure crust covers all sections of the pie pan.
8. Crimp edges to make a nice pie edge.
¾ cup dark brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
½ tsp salt
½ tsp ground ginger
¼ tsp ground cloves
1 tsp vanilla extract
15 oz pumpkin puree
12 oz evaporated milk
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
2. In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, cinnamon, salt, ginger, and cloves.
3. In a large bowl, beat eggs, vanilla, pumpkin, and add into spice mixture. Fold in evaporated milk.
4. Pour pumpkin mixture into pie crust and bake for 15 minutes. Lower temperature to 350 degrees F and bake for an additional 50 minutes, until knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
5. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
6. Top with gluten-free whipped cream if desired.
©Marlisa Brown author of “Gluten-Free, Hassle-Free” and “easy, gluten-free”