GF Chocolate Dipped Macaroons
From Marlisa Brown MS RD CDE CDN, Author “Gluten-Free, Hassle-Free”
1 1/3 Cups sweetened coconut
1/3 Cup granulated sugar
3 Tb Brown rice flour
½ tsp Salt
2 Egg whites
½ tsp Almond extract
¾ Cup GF chocolate chips
1. Mix together first 6 ingredients coconut through almond extract until well combined.
2. Preheat oven to 325.
3. Spray 2 baking sheets with cooking spray.
4. Using a 1 Tb cookie scoop, place 12 large round macaroons on each baking sheet.
5. Bake for about 10 minutes until golden, taking care not to burn bottom of the cookies.
6. Remove macaroons from a baking sheet with a spatula and place on aluminum foil to cook.
7. Mean while place chocolate chips in a small glass bowl and microwave for about 1 minute and stir. Then microwave another 15-30 seconds until creamy and stir again.
8. Pick up the macaroons from the bottom and turn top of cookie into the chocolate mixture, turning to coat the whole top of the macaroon with chocolate.
9. Place back on the aluminum foil and let cool one or more hours until chocolate is hard.
10. Store in airtight container until ready to use.
Or you can do ½ tsp jam on each before baking and forget the chocolate dipping
©Marlisa Brown author of “Gluten-Free, Hassle-Free” and “easy, gluten-free”