Arepa Sliders Serves 8
Savory and Sweet, perfect for any occasion, such as a sporting event. Dig into your arepa sliders with some oven baked gluten free sweet oven baked sweet potato fries, and Woodchuck cider. Perfect.
1 cup precooked gluten-free corn meal (often available by the Spanish foods)
1 cup hot water
1tsp sea salt
2 Tbsp granulated sugar
1/8 pound provolone cheese, sliced thin
1/8 pound Genoa salami, sliced thin
2 Tbsp olive oil
- Mix together all ingredients except the provolone and salami. Work dough into a ball and let it rest about 5 minutes.
- Shape dough into golf ball size and flatten slightly.
- In a large non-stick skillet, heat oil then brown corn cakes on each side.
- Carefully cut open and place one slice of cheese and meat in each slider.
- Bake in 350 degree oven or cook on a grill until the cheese melts.
Nutritional Information: 154.4 calories, 4.5 grams protein, 17.1 grams carbohydrates, 7.4 grams fat, 11.1 milligrams cholesterol, 453.5 milligrams sodium, <1 gram fiber, 54.7 milligrams calcium, <1 milligram iron
Tip: Cheese, eggs, grilled vegetables, grilled chicken, or pulled pork makes a perfect filling for an arepa. Pre made arepas can be kept refrigerated, just heat to soften and then fill when serving.
Quick and Easy
**Allergy Information: GF, EF, SF, NF, PF, FF, SFF. To keep milk free, do not use cheese or substitute a milk free cheese. To make vegetarian omit the salami, to make vegan omit the cheese and salami and substitute grilled veggies.