A great and easy recipe to whip up with the kids!
Ingredients for Puppy Chow:
- 6 cups rice Chex (divided)
- ½-cup GF white chocolate chips
- ½-cup GF cherry chocolate chips
- 1 tsp. vegetable, canola, or olive oil (divided)
- 1 Tbsp. Cherry Jello Pudding Powder (optional)
- Either 1.5 cups powdered sugar OR 1.5 cups GF vanilla cake mix
- Red GF candies
- Pour powdered sugar (or vanilla cake mix), and 1 tbsp. of Jello mix cake mix into a large ziplock. Close up the bag and give it shake to combine.
- Add white chocolate chips to a medium to large sized bowl. Melt chips in the microwave in increments of 30 seconds, stirring in between.
- Add cherry chips to a separate medium to large sized bowl. Melt chips in the microwave in increments of 30 seconds, stirring in between.
- Stir ½ tsp. of oil into each bowl of chocolate chips
- Add 3 cups of rice Chex to the melted white chocolate chips, and with your hands stir them around gently to completely coat.
- Repeat step 4 with the cherry chocolate chips
- Add your chocolate cereal to the ziplock, close it up, and shake until Chex is fully coated. Enjoy!
I am sure that this dessert won't stay long in your house, so why not make a double batch and give away some to family and friends! (Or save for yourself!)