Pork Cutlets Milanese
Sliced into thin strips it is the perfect appetizer.
¾ pound pork loin cutlets thinly sliced (6 thin cutlets) trimmed of all fat
¼ cup brown rice flour
½ tsp pepper
½ tsp sea salt
1 jumbo egg, beaten and mixed with 1 Tbsp water
¾ cup gluten-free breadcrumbs mixed with 1 tsp garlic and 1 tsp onion powder
3 Tbsp olive oil
- Mix rice flour with salt and pepper.
- In a medium bowl, dredge cutlets in rice flour coating both sides, then dip in another bowl with egg, then a third bowl of breadcrumbs. Make sure you evenly coat both sides.
- Heat olive oil in a large non stick pan and brown cutlets on both sides, and serve.
- Heat oil in a large skillet and brown on both sides.
- Serve sliced thin as a great appetizer. Or whole with veggies as an entrée (up number of cutlets per person).
Nutritional Information: 242 calories, 13.9 grams protein, 14.8 grams carbohydrates, 13.8 grams Fat, 35 milligrams cholesterol, 222 milligrams sodium, 34 milligrams calcium, 1.3 milligrams iron.
Tip: This recipe also works great with thin sliced chicken, turkey or veal cutlets. Quick and Easy.
** Allergy Information: Gluten-Free, Milk-Free, Soy-Free, Nut-Free, and Peanut-Free. Double check labels to make sure products purchased do not have any milk, soy, nuts or peanuts added. To make egg-free use and eggless egg substitute or use 1 Tablespoon ground flax or chia seeds with 3 Tablespoons of water.
FODMAPS: To make FODMAP friendly omit garlic and onion powder and use garlic infused olive oil in place of the plain olive oil. (to make garlic infused oil, mix ¼ cup olive oil with 3-4 cloves of peeled garlic, refrigerate, after one day remove cloves, keep refrigerated and use within a week.