Cool down those warm summer days with a simple and very refreshing patriotic Popsicles that kids and adults alike will love!
These popsicles are loaded with fruit and low calories too!
Patriotic Popsicles Serves: 4
- 4 popsicle molds
- Fresh blueberries
- ½ cup Gatorade
- 1 1/2 cups watermelon diced
- 1 cup fresh strawberries halved
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- Drop a few blueberries into the popsicle container
- Pour 1/8 cup Gatorade over blueberries into each container. Do not put the popsicle sticks in yet, but place the bottom of the mold into the freezer for about an hour or until the Gatorade has frozen
- Blend watermelon, strawberries, lemon juice, and honey in a blender (or food processor)
- Remove popsicles from the freezer and carefully spoon 3 tablespoons of watermelon blend into each popsicle mold, over the frozen Gatorade
- Insert the popsicle sticks and freeze again for about an hour
Nutritional Information for 1 Popsicle: 63 calories, 0.8 gram protein, 16 grams carbohydrates, 0.3 grams fat, 0 milligrams cholesterol, 15 milligrams sodium, 1.5 grams fiber, 1% calcium, 2% iron