Basil Bruchetta Serves 12
Light, and Simply Delicious.
1 gluten-free Italian bread (such as Everybody Eats)
Gluten-Free Cooking spray
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
3 cups chopped tomato
1 small red onion (chopped fine)
2 Tb chopped fresh basil
2 Tb olive oil
1-2 Tb chopped fresh garlic
1 lime juiced
2 Tb capers
1 tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray
- Slice Italian bread thin into ½” thick pieces and arrange on baking sheet
- Spray Italian bread with cooking spray and sprinkle with onion and garlic powder
- Bake until outside just starts to brown ( store in airtight container until ready to use)
- Combine all other ingredients in an attractive bowl and refrigerate at least 1 hour ( best if kept overnight)
- Serve bruchetta mixture with crisp breads on the side.
Tip: Bruchetta can be made with so many different ingredients, garlic and onion always to taste. It is basically a finely chopped salad of tomatoes with other veggie and herbs served with crisp bread.
FODMAPS: To make FODMAP friendly omit onion and garlic powder, use chopped scallions in place of the red onion, omit chopped garlic and replace with chopped garlic scapes (green part) or use garlic infused olive oil.