Tomato Bruschetta Serves 12
With the abundance of garlic and tomatoes in the summer, enjoy some homemade bruschetta. From Marlisa Brown author of The Gluten-Free Hassle-Free Cookbook
1 gluten-free Italian bread (such as Everybody Eats)
Gluten-Free Cooking spray
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
3 cups chopped tomato
1 small red onion (chopped fine)
2 Tb chopped fresh basil
2 Tb olive oil
1-2 Tb chopped fresh garlic
1 lime juiced
2 Tb capers
1 tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray
- Slice Italian bread thin into ½” thick pieces and arrange on baking sheet
- Spray Italian bread with cooking spray and sprinkle with onion and garlic powder
- Bake until outside just starts to brown ( store in airtight container until ready to use)
- Combine all other ingredients in an attractive bowl and refrigerate at least 1 hour ( best if kept overnight)
- Serve bruschetta mixture with crisp breads on the side.
Tip: Bruschetta can be made with so many different ingredients, garlic and onion always to taste. It is basically a finely chopped salad of tomatoes with other veggie and herbs served with crisp bread.