Skillet Corn Muffins Serves 18
Cut into some warm Gluten-Free Skillet Corn Muffins right out of the oven.
1 stick unsalted butter softened
1/3 cup sugar
1 cup buttermilk (or 1 cup of whole milk mixed with 1 tsp white vinegar)
1 tsp vanilla extract
¾ cup gluten-free all-purpose flour blend
1 cup corn meal
1 tsp xantham gum
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
Cooking spray or 1 tsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cream together butter, and sugar, add eggs, buttermilk, and vanilla extract and mix until well combined.
- Combine other dry ingredients, slowly beat into wet ingredients until uniform in texture.
- Pour into cupcake cups tins or into 4 mini cast iron skillet pans coated with cooking spray or an 12x 9 x 3” cakepan that has been coated with cooking spray and pour batter in.
- Bake cupcakes or skillet corn cakes about 20 minutes until golden, cake pan about 25 minutes, until golden, and toothpick comes out clean.
Nutritional Information: 134 calories, 2.7 grams protein, 17 grams carbohydrates, 6.2 grams fat, 35 milligrams cholesterol, 164 milligrams sodium, < 1 gram fiber, 22 milligrams calcium, < 1 milligram iron
Tip: If you make corn bread in a larger cake dish it will come out very thin like a toaster corn cake.
Quick and Easy.
**Allergy Information: GF, SF, NF, PF, FF, SFF, V. Check ingredients on all purpose gluten-free flour to confirm soy free and nut free, to keep soy free use a soy free cooking spray or olive oil to coat pans. To make milk free use margarine in place of butter and a milk free yogurt and rice milk for the buttermilk mixed with 1 Tbsp white vinegar. To make vegan use an eggless egg substitute and milk free yogurt and rice milk mixed with 1 Tbsp white vinegar in place of the buttermilk.
FODMAPs: To make FODMAP friendly use lactose free yogurt and rice milk mixed with 1 Tbsp white vinegar in place of the buttermilk.