A simple, delicious way to enjoy the abundance of eggplant in the summer.
1 cup tomato sauce
2 medium eggplants sliced the long way into ½ “ pieces
3 Tbsp olive oil
½ tsp sea salt
¼ tsp pepper
1 tsp garlic powder
½ tsp onion powder
1 tsp dried Italian herbs
3 oz fresh mozzarella thinly sliced
1 Tbsp parmesan cheese
Fresh basil garnish
- In large zip lock bag mix eggplants with olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and Italian herbs.
- Grill until just cooked on both sides and grill marked.
- Heat sauce and place in the bottom of a large bowl, layer eggplant on top.
- Top with cheese, and heat to melt cheese.
- Garnish with Basil and serve.
Nutritional Information: 195 Calories, 6.5 grams Protein, 10.6 grams Carbohydrates, 15 grams Fat, 13 milligrams Cholesterol, 716 milligrams Sodium, 110 milligrams Calcium, 4.6 grams Fiber, 1 milligram Iron
Tip: This recipe works great with zucchini, or chicken or turkey cutlets.
Quick and Easy
** Allergy information: Gluten-Free, Wheat-Free, Egg-Free, Soy-Free, Peanut and Nut-Free, Vegetarian. To make Milk-Free and Vegan omit cheese, vegan cheese can be substituted.
FODMAPs: To make low FODMAP omit the garlic, onion powder and mozzarella, use a hard cheese, and use garlic infused olive oil in place of the olive oil. To make garlic infused oil place several cloves of peeled garlic in olive oil, refrigerate, and discard cloves. Can keep oil up to a week refrigerated.