Gluten-Free Strawberry Short Cake is one of my all-time favorite desserts. This recipe is great because it starts with a packaged gluten-free yellow cake mix - so even the most novice of bakers can make this delicious treat!
Strawberry Short Cake Serves 12
The perfect cake for a quick and easy show stopping dessert.
1 package of gluten-free yellow cake mix (for single serve cake, prepared in round cake pan
(such as Betty Crocker gluten free yellow cake)
8 oz container of Lite Cool Whip
1 pint strawberries
- Remove prepared cake from cake pan and place in the freezer for about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile slice half the strawberries into thin slices.
- Remove cake from the oven and slice in half horizontally.
- Fill cake with sliced strawberries and half the cool whip, and put the top of the cake back on.
- Top cake with remaining Cool Whip, and garnish with whole strawberries.
Nutritional Information: 273 calories, 2,8 grams protein, 42 grams carbohydrates, 11.3 grams fat, 75 milligrams cholesterol, 258 milligrams sodium, 1.1 gram fiber, 9.2 milligrams calcium, <1 milligram iron
Tip: If you use a chocolate cake and fill without the strawberries a bit like a Devil Dog cake.
Quick and Easy.
**Allergy Tip: GF, NF, PF, SFF, FF, V. Double check cake mix purchased for nuts and peanuts.