Crispy, flaky, delicious.
1 pound flounder fillets
1 egg white
1 cup seasoned gluten-free bread crumbs
½ tsp garlic powder
½ tsp onion powder
½ tsp sea salt
¼ tsp black pepper
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 lemon sliced thin
2 Tbsp chopped parsley (optional)
1. Turn oven on broil.
2. Cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil, and drizzle lightly with about ½ Tbsp olive oil
3. In a medium bowl mix together egg and egg white.
4. In another bowl mix together breadcrumbs, garlic powder, onion powder, sea salt and black pepper.
5. Dip fish in egg mixture and then into gluten free bread crumb mixture, thoroughly coating fish on both sides.
6. Place fish on baking sheet. Drizzle tops of fish with remaining olive oil.
7. Place under broil for about 3-5 minutes until it is golden, carefully turn fish, and broil other side until golden.
8. Serve with sliced lemon and chopped parsley.
9. Can serve with gluten-free tartar sauce, or gluten-free cocktail sauce.
Tip: This recipe works with most fish, as well as turkey or chicken cutlets, or pork cutlets. If you like grated parmesan or Romano cheese can be added to the breading mixture.
Quick and Easy.
Nutritional Information: 297 calories, 19 gm Protein, 25.5 gm Carbohydrates, 13 gm Fat, 100 mg Cholesterol, 561 mg Sodium, 2.7 gm Fiber, 31 mg Calcium, < 1mg Iron.
*Food Allery Tip: Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Nut-Free, and Peanut-Free. Double check breadcrumbs to make sure there is no soy, or nuts in the breadcrumbs. To make Egg-Free use any eggless egg substitute such as ground flax and water.
FODMAP: To make low FODMAP omit garlic and onion powder and use garlic infused oil in place of the olive oil.