Banana Bread Yield 1 loaf (14 servings)
Gluten-free non- stick cooking spray
2 cups gluten-free all-purpose flour blend (see chapter 5 or buy)
1 tsp xantham gum
¾ tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
¼ cups salted butter (softened)
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1 ½ cups mashed ripe banana (about 3)
1/3 cup plain fat free Greek yogurt
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 8 ½” x 4 ½” loaf pan with gluten free cooking spray.
- Sift gluten-free flour blend,xantham gum, baking soda and salt into a bowl.
- Place sugar and butter into a large mixing bowl and beat at medium speed until well blended (about 1 minute). Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add banana, yogurt, and vanilla. Beat until blended.
- Add the flour mixture and beat at low speed just until moist. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan. Bake for 1 hour or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes in pan; remove from pan and cool completely on wire rack.
Nutritional Information:254calories, 4.8 grams protein, 44 grams carbohydrates, 8.7 grams fat, milligrams48 cholesterol, 214 milligrams sodium, 4.3 milligrams fiber, 25.2 milligrams calcium, 1.47 milligrams iron
Tips: Add chocolate chips to make a chocolate chip banana bread. Can also be made into 12 muffins. Decrease cooking time to 20-25 minutes.
** Allergy Tip: This recipe is gluten-free, vegetarian. To make egg free, use any gluten-free eggless egg substitute. To make soy-free use olive oil in place of the cooking spray. To make vegan use margarine in place of the butter, eggless egg substitute in place of the eggs, and coconut or soy yogurt in place of the Greek yogurt.
FODMAPs: This recipe is FODMAP friendly.