A Gluten Free July 4th
By Marlisa Brown MS, RD, CDE, CDN
A Gluten-Free 4th of July, a time to celebrate; food, fireworks and fun. Following a gluten-free lifestyle doesn’t mean that you need to miss out. Following these simple tips will make it easy to safely enjoy all the festivities.
• Buy only gluten-free chips and crackers so there is less chance of cross contamination.
• Serve gluten-free dips such as; hummus, guacamole, salsa, gluten-free and cheese spreads.
• Make gluten-free cheese puffs, pigs in a blanket, knishes and garlic knots :
• Buy gluten-free hamburgers and hot dogs with gluten-free rolls.
• Make shrimp, beef, pork and chicken kabobs.
• Make salads, grilled veggies, and grilled fruits.
• Make some delicious gluten-free desserts such as:
• Chocolate covered macaroons
• Linzer Tarts
• Apple Cranberry Crumble Pie
Above all enjoy the holiday. HAPPY Gluten-Free 4th