Fried Green Tomatoes
(Actually not fried, but they are gluten-free)
What a great way to enjoy those tomatoes that haven't turned red.
- Pick or buy green tomatoes, beef steak are best but all work.
- Slice tomatoes into 1/2" slices.
- Mix together 1/2 cup gluten-free flour blend, 1/2 cup arepa flour or corn meal and 1 1/2 tsp sea salt, mix together.
- Cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil and drizzle with olive oil.
- Turn oven on to broil.
- Dip tomato slices in flour blend coating both sides.
- Please coated tomatoes on baking sheet and drizzle tops with additional olive oil.
- Broil tomatoes until golden one side, and turn and brown other side.
- Taste and sprinkle with extra sea salt if needed.