Crispy Zucchini Sticks Serves 4
Crispy, crunchy and delicious – makes a great appetizer or finger food.
From The Gluten Free Hassle Free Cookbook
by Marlisa Brown Scheduled for release March 2015
Gluten-free cooking spray or 1 tsp olive oil
¼ cup tapioca flour
½ tsp sea salt
¼ tsp black pepper
1 egg white
½ cup gluten-free cornflakes, finely ground
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
2 Tbsp grated parmesan cheese
1 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
2 medium zucchini, unpeeled, cut into 3-inch sticks
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F. Spray baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Mix tapioca flour, salt and pepper in a Ziploc bag.
- Beat egg and egg white with fork in a shallow dish.
- Mix cornflake crumbs, onion powder, garlic powder, parmesan and parsley in another shallow dish.
- Place zucchini in bag with flour a few pieces at a time. Shake to coat. Remove from flour and place in egg mixture, then roll in crumbs. Place on prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining zucchini.
- Bake in oven for 20 minutes until browned and crispy. Serve with homemade marinara sauce.
Nutritional information: 78.9 calories, 3.9 grams protein, 11 grams carbohydrates, 2 grams fat, 48.7 milligrams cholesterol, 366.9 milligrams sodium, <1 gram fiber, 40.3 milligrams calcium, <1 milligram iron
Tip: Reheat leftovers in 400 degree oven for 5 to 10 minutes. This will make them crispy again.
Quick and Easy.
**Allergy Tip: GF, MF, NF, PF, FF, SFF, V. Check label on gluten-free cornflakes for nuts. To make milk free omit the parmesan cheese. To make soy free use soy free cooking spray or olive oil and double check cornflakes for soy. To make egg free use 1/3 cup egg free egg substitute in place of the egg and egg white.
FODMAPs: To make FODMAP friendly omit garlic and onion powder, add 1 Tbsp chopped green onions.